Some of the major disadvantages of typical traditional dentures, which are not secured by dental implants:
- Unsecured dentures are uncomfortable and often painful
- Loose-fitting dentures do not look natural, especially when eating
- As the bone continues to melt away, the dentures become loose, and can fall out when laughing, sneezing, or coughing without the use of adhesives
- People without their teeth and supporting bone visibly age much faster
- Wearing unstabilized dentures usually undermines a person’s self confidence.
- People with unsecured dentures cannot eat certain foods, such as steak, corn on the cob and apples
These problems can be solved with implant secured dentures, which are stable (securely fastened to 2-6 implants) and maintain the integrity of the facial structures by preserving the bone.