Dr. Steven Koos, Chicago Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, and his Ambulatory Surgery Facility Featured in ASC’s Focus Magazine
Dr. Steven Koos, DDS, MD’s state-of-the-art oral surgery facility in Chicago, Illinois was the feature ASC (Ambulatory Surgery Center) in the association’s Focus Magazine cover article “Operation Green”. This has been yet another distinction making his dental surgery clinic the most unique oral surgery center in all of Chicago. Ambulatory Surgery Centers—known as ASCs—are modern health care facilities focused on providing same-day surgical care, including diagnostic and preventive procedures.
ASCs have transformed the outpatient experience for millions of Americans by providing them with a more convenient alternative to hospital-based outpatient procedures—and done so with a strong track record of quality care and positive patient outcomes.
The Ambulatory Surgery Center Association (ASCA) is the national membership association that represents ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) and provides advocacy and resources to assist ASCs in delivering high quality, cost-effective ambulatory surgery to all the patients they serve. The ASCA
- Develops and maintain working relationships with legislative and regulatory bodies
- Works in coalition with other organizations concerned with improving access to high quality care and reducing the costs of health care
- Encourages private insurers and government programs to provide insurance coverage and adequate reimbursement for procedures performed in ASCs
- Publishes ASC resources, including a monthly magazine, books and survey reports
- Conducts educational programs on ASC issues
- Informs the public about ASCs